Tour Code: RDX
From ancient wonders to natural marvels, this compact journey will introduce you to three of China's most popular and diverse cities. Walk across Beijing's incredible Great Wall, gaze at stoic Terra-cotta warriors in Xian and experience the vibrant pulse of Shanghai on one of our best-selling itineraries.
Day 1 | USA 每 China
Embark on our 10-day journey through China as we board our international flight bound for China's capital city.
Day 2 | Arrive in Beijing
Welcome to Beijing! After passing through customs and immigration we meet our guide in the arrivals hall and are transferred to our hotel. Spend the rest of the day free at leisure to relax in the hotel or explore the city.
Day 3 | Beijing (AB, L ,DP )
With a rich history spanning more than 3000 years, Beijing is home to a wealth of cultural wonders. We begin our tour at the Forbidden City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987. This Imperial Palace exudes an aura of royal prestige and contains the largest complex of ancient wooden architectural buildings in the world. Drive to another UNESCO site, the exquisite Summer Palace and enjoy the tranquil landscapes of elaborate bridges and pagodas surrounding Kunming Lake. Stop for photos at the 2008 Olympic Sites, Water Cube and Bird's Nest, and later this evening we enjoy a Peking Duck Banquet at a popular restaurant.
Day 4 | Beijing (AB ,L )
Today we venture to China's Great Wall 每 the Long Wall of Ten Thousand Li 每 one of China's most globally recognized icons. Constructed more than 2,000 years ago to protect the kingdoms from nomadic tribes in the north, the Great Wall spans over 5,500 miles across the land of China like an imperial dragon. Walk along the ancient steps and admire the panoramic views of serene mountains and valleys, then head to the Sacred Way. Follow the path, lined with intricately carved marble statues to the Ming Dynasty Tombs Museum.
Day 5 | Beijing 每 Xian (AB ,DH )
Before flying to Xian, we visit the Temple of Heaven, an enormous complex built in 1420 frequented by emperors for annual religious ceremonies. Previously known as the Temple of Heaven and Earth, this massive temple complex covers 675 acres and is rounded (symbolizing Heaven) in the south and square (symbolizing Earth) in the north. Later in the day we fly to the historic city of Xian and enjoy a relaxing dinner at the hotel.
Day 6 | Xian (AB ,L ,DS )
The ancient city of Xian, once called Chang-an during the Tang Dynasty, has a rich history of more than 3,100 years and was eastern terminus of the Silk Road. Today we visit one of China's supreme treasures, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses. Considered one of the greatest archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, the life-size soldiers stand in military formation guarding the tomb of Emperor Qin Shih Huang and still have yet to be fully uncovered. After touring the underground pits, we enjoy our lunch at a local restaurant. Continue on to visit the Ming Dynasty City Wall and Big Wild Goose Pagoda then return to the city for Imperial Dumpling Dinner followed by a colorful Tang Dynasty Show.
Day 7 | Xian 每 Shanghai (AB ,DS )
Board a flight to futuristic Shanghai, a bustling port city situated on an estuary of the Yangtze River. Once known as the ※Pearl of the Orient,§ Shanghai is China's largest economic center and the world's most populous city. Today we embark on a city tour beginning with the famous 16th-century classical garden, Yu Garden. Stroll through the garden and enjoy the serenity of its ornate pavilions, bridges, ponds and rock gardens. In the evening prepare to be captivated as we watch an exciting Chinese Acrobatics Show following dinner.
Day 8 | Shanghai (AB ,L )
Start the day with a tour to the city's legendary waterfront boulevard, The Bund. Gaze at the futuristic skyscrapers that line the Huangpu River, and continue to drive along shopper's paradise Nanjing Road. See one of the largest collections of museum artifacts in China at the Shanghai Museum. Continue to visit the Shanghai Museum, the world's finest showcase of ancient Chinese art and antiquities. Peruse some of the 120,000 pieces of ancient Chinese bronze works, jades and paintings then spend the rest of the afternoon free to explore Shanghai on our own.
Day 9 | Shanghai (AB ,DP )
Enjoy the full day free at leisure to explore the city on your own or take an optional full day tour to Suzhou. Known as the ※Venice of the East,§ Suzhou is renowned for its tranquil beauty and as an important centre for silk production from ancient Chinese dynasties to present day. The city tour includes visits to ethereal Humble Administrator's Garden, a cruise along the Grand Canal and a visit to a silk factory. Later this evening we attend our farewell dinner banquet.
Day 10 | Shanghai 每 USA (AB )
Say a fond farewell to China as we transfer to the airport to board our international flight, or make the most of our trip by adding on an optional extension to fascinating city of Taipei.
- AB = American Breakfast
- B = Breakfast
- L = Lunch
- LH = Lunch at Hotel
- D = Dinner
- DH = Dinner at Hotel
- DP = Special Dinner Party
- DS = Dinner and Show
Beijing: New Otani Hotel
Address: 26, Jianguomenwai Avenue, Beijing China. 100022
Shanghai: Sheraton Hongkou
Address: No. 59 Siping Road, Hongkou, Shanghai 200086
Tel: (86)(21) 26010088
Xian: Sheraton Xian North City
Address: 32 Wei Yang Rd Xian, Shaanxi 710014
Date and Pricing
- Advertised int'l airfares include fuel surcharge of $ 363.00 and taxes/fees of $120.00
- Early booking discount of $ 200.00 will be shown during booking
Notes about tour prices:
- Advertised land portion prices are based on per person and twin-sharing accommodation basis.
- Advertised total package prices include land tour as per itinerary (with applicable China domestic airfares), and roundtrip international airfare from LAX or SFO based on the services of Air China (CA) including fuel surcharge and applicable taxes/fees. Roundtrip international airfares from JFK Airport in New York will incur an additional charge of $100. Air travel on different international carrier is at a different price.
- For child rate please see ※CHARGE FOR CHILDREN§ in ※Terms & Conditions§.
- CA international flight upgrades to business class are subject to availability and surcharge: LAX/SFO 每 $3,000, NYC 每 $3,6000
- Special preferred USA add-on fares from other airports are available with purchase of international air. Flight upgrades are available at best market rates, subject to additional fees and availability.
- Preferred rate is only valid if booked in conjunction with RPH tour, outside of 60 days prior to departure and has limited availability. Rates are based on Air China and are guaranteed once full payment is received
- Above prices include all government imposed taxes and fees, including the September 11th security fee. Additional baggage charges may apply.
For more INFORMATION, please contact us:
Toll Free: 1-800-865-6221