Tour Code: RDZ
This journey showcases China's breathtaking natural scenery without missing its cultural and historical wonders. Sail along the Li River and witness breathtaking landscapes straight from ancient Chinese paintings. Explore the dramatic rock formations in Guilin's caves, walk in the footsteps of warriors on the Great Wall and gaze at the futuristic skyline of Shanghai.
Day 1 | USA 每 Beijing, China
We set off on our journey to China as we board our international flight bound for Beijing.
Day 2 | Arrive in Beijing
Arrive in China's capital city on the second day and meet our Ritz Tours guide in the arrivals hall. We are transferred to our hotel and have the remainder of the day free at leisure.
Day 3 | Beijing (AB ,L ,DH )
Our full day tour of Beijing begins with a walk through the world-famous Tiananmen Square. From there we walk to the Forbidden City, an enormous palace complex that was off-limits to the world for over 500 years. After admiring royal artifacts in the Palace Museum we continue to the Summer Palace where we enjoy the tranquil landscapes of elaborate bridges and pagodas surrounding Kunming Lake. Our sightseeing tour ends with photo stops at the famous 2008 Olympic Sites, Water Cube and Bird's Nest.
Day 4 | Beijing (AB ,L )
Today we journey to one of the greatest manmade structures in the world, the Great Wall of China. Retrace the steps of ancient warriors as we walk along the wall and enjoy the panoramic views of the wall winding over serene mountains and valleys. Following the Great Wall we walk along the Sacred Way, lined with intricate marble statues, to the Ming Dynasty Tombs Complex.
Day 5 | Beijing 每 Xian (AB ,DH )
This morning we visit the Temple of Heaven, a massive temple complex that is believed to be one of the finest of Beijing's imperial temples. After our tour we board a short flight to Xian, the eastern terminus of the Silk Road and the home to the world-famous Terra-Cotta Warriors. Upon arrival we are transferred to our hotel where we enjoy the rest of the day free at leisure.
Day 6 | Xian (AB ,L ,DS )
The ※Eternal City§ of Xian is home to one of the most sensational archaeological discoveries of the 20th century, the Terracotta Warriors and Horses. Today we visit the excavation pits which houses hundreds of life-sized warriors and horses. After lunch, we continue to visit the Big Wild Goose Pagoda, one of the best-preserved Buddhist temples in China. This evening we attend a Tang Dynasty Performance following an Imperial Dumpling Dinner.
Day 7 | Xian 每 Guilin (AB ,L )
After breakfast we visit the massive City Wall. Later we are transferred to the airport for a flight to Guilin. Renowned for its rural natural scenery, Guilin's beauty is said to be ※unmatched in Heaven.§ Enjoy the remainder of the day free at leisure.
Day 8 | Guilin 每 Yangshuo 每 Guilin (AB ,L ,DH )
Enjoy a cruise along the famous Li River and take a step back in time as we glide past breathtaking landscapes that inspired ancient Chinese landscape paintings. We disembark at Yangshuo and walk through the idyllic town before we board our motor coach back to Guilin for dinner at hotel.
Day 9 | Guilin 每 Shanghai (AB ,L )
After breakfast we visit Reed Flute Cave, where rock formations illuminated in colored lighting create a surreal atmosphere. Continue to the picturesque Elephant Trunk Hill, a long-standing symbol of Guilin that is naturally shaped like an elephant dipping its trunk into the water. In the afternoon we take a short flight to cosmopolitan Shanghai.
Day 10 | Shanghai (AB ,DS )
Our sightseeing tour begins with a visit to Yu Garden, a serene classical garden in the center of urban Shanghai. Walk through the Ming Dynasty garden and admire the ornate pavilions, man-made ponds, bridges and rock gardens. We continue with a drive through the shopping district, Nanjing Road, and arrive at the Bund, Shanghai's legendary waterfront boulevard. Snap a photo with the city's futuristic skyline and end our tour with a trip to the renowned Shanghai Museum. After dinner this evening we watch acrobats soar at a Chinese Acrobatics Show.
Day 11 | Shanghai (AB ,DP )
Following breakfast at hotel, the day is free for own leisure or optional tour to the nearby city of Suzhou. Known as the Venice of the East, Suzhou is renowned for its tranquil natural beauty. The city tour begins at the Humble Administrator's Garden, which enjoys special designation as one of China's four most important gardens. Stroll along the marshy lakes and graceful bridges, we then take a cruise along the 2000 year-old Grand Canal, the world's longest man-made waterway. Glide by timeless riverside landscapes and complete our tour with a visit to a silk factory to learn more about the history and process of creating this delicate fabric. This evening we enjoy our Farewell Dinner Banquet.
Day 12 | Shanghai 每 USA (AB )
After breakfast we transfer to the airport to catch our homebound flight or we may also choose to extend our vacation with an optional 3-night extension to the dynamic city of Taipei.
- AB = American Breakfast
- B = Breakfast
- L = Lunch
- LH = Lunch at Hotel
- D = Dinner
- DH = Dinner at Hotel
- DP = Special Dinner Party
- DS = Dinner and Show
Beijing: Crowne Plaza Wangfujing
Address: 48, Wangfujing Ave, Dongcheng Dist, Beijing China. 100006
Address: 15 Bin Jiang Road, Guilin, Guangxi 541001, China
Xian: Sheraton Xian North City
Address: 32 Wei Yang Rd Xian, Shaanxi 710014
Shanghai: Sheraton Hongkou
Address: No. 59 Siping Road, Hongkou, Shanghai 200086
Tel: (86)(21) 26010088
Date and Pricing
- Advertised int'l airfares include fuel surcharge of $ 363.00 and taxes/fees of $120.00
- Early booking discount of $ 200.00 will be shown during booking
Notes about tour prices:
- Advertised land portion prices are based on per person and twin-sharing accommodation basis.
- Advertised total package prices include land tour as per itinerary (with applicable China domestic airfares), and roundtrip international airfare from LAX or SFO based on the services of Air China (CA) including fuel surcharge and applicable taxes/fees. Roundtrip international airfares from JFK Airport in New York will incur an additional charge of $100. Air travel on different international carrier is at a different price.
- For child rate please see ※CHARGE FOR CHILDREN§ in ※Terms & Conditions§.
- CA international flight upgrades to business class are subject to availability and surcharge: LAX/SFO 每 $3,000, NYC 每 $3,6000
- Special preferred USA add-on fares from other airports are available with purchase of international air. Flight upgrades are available at best market rates, subject to additional fees and availability.
- Preferred rate is only valid if booked in conjunction with RPH tour, outside of 60 days prior to departure and has limited availability. Rates are based on Air China and are guaranteed once full payment is received
- Above prices include all government imposed taxes and fees, including the September 11th security fee. Additional baggage charges may apply.
For more INFORMATION, please contact us:
Toll Free: 1-800-865-6221